Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011 and January!

So with a brand new year, I have decided to start a brand new blog with my brand new projects/crafts and book finds.  This is going to be an interesting adventure for me and I am going to work on being FLEXIBLE!  The perfectionist part of me will not appreciate it if I miss doing or reading something during a week.  So I must remember that this is for fun and work on not getting stressed out if I can't finish something.  :)

During this month of January 2011, I have decided to work with felt, particularly working on my hand-stitching.  I recently saw how fun felt can be (I haven't learned how to felt wool yet but that is something I might be able to accomplish one of the months this year.)  I also saw how pathetic my hand stitching is.  So, I shall do my best to improve it this month! (Maybe, just maybe I'll put up some pictures of the Christmas gift tags that I stitched for family and friends.)
This week, of January 1st-9th I am going to work on an octopus that I found the pattern for that looks so cute and fun.  I have already cut out the pieces and need to get stitching soon!  Hopefully I will be able to put pictures up as I go along. 

For books, well, I haven't exactly decided what 2 books I will read this week but it will be decided tomorrow!

Well, off to bed for me (after I shower and watch Bones, of course).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment